Modern Storage Platform Engineered with Data-Centric Design, Intelligent Automation and Adaptable Architecture
Hong Kong – May 8, 2020
• Dell EMC PowerStore is up to seven times faster, three times more responsive than previous Dell EMC midrange storage arrays
• AppsON capability is the only way that VMware virtualized workloads and software applications can run directly on a purpose-built array for faster access to data and quicker response times
• Dell EMC Future-Proof Program expanded to include Anytime Upgrades, giving customers the freedom to enhance their infrastructure on their terms
Dell Technologies (NYSE: DELL), the leader in enterprise storage, announces Dell EMC PowerStore – a modern infrastructure platform built from the ground up with superior technology and expertise to address the challenges of the data era.
“Customers tell us a main obstacle keeping them from achieving their digital transformation initiatives is the constant tug-of-war between supporting the ever-increasing number of workloads–from traditional IT applications to data analytics –and the reality of cost constraints, limitations and complexity of their existing IT infrastructure.” said Dan Inbar, president and general manager, storage, Dell Technologies. “Dell EMC PowerStore blends automation, next generation technology, and a novel software architecture to deliver infrastructure that helps organizations address these needs.”
Modern Infrastructure for the Data Era
Organizations can accelerate decision making, data access and application performance with PowerStore, which is designed for six-nines (99.9999%) availability:
• Any Workload: PowerStore simplifies IT infrastructure by supporting a wide range of traditional and modern workloads with its scale-up, scale-out architecture for block, file and VMware vVols.Internal Use - Confidential
• Performance Optimized: PowerStore is seven times faster and three times more responsive than previous Dell EMC midrange storage arrays, because of its end-to-end NVMe design and support for Storage Class Memory as persistent storage powered by dual port Intel® Optane™ SSDs.
• Efficiency Without Compromise: Customers can save on IT budget and capacity with always-on deduplication, compression and a guaranteed 4:1 data reduction.Machine learning and intelligent automation allows for faster delivery of applications and services with up to 99% less staff time to balance volumes:
• Programmable Infrastructure: Streamlines application development and reduces deployment timeframes from days to seconds, with VMware integration and support for leading management and orchestration frameworks including Kubernetes, Ansible and VMware vRealize Orchestrator.
• Autonomous Infrastructure: Built-in machine learning automates labor-intensive processes like initial volume placement, migrations, load balancing and issue resolution.
• Infrastructure Insights: Dell EMC CloudIQ storage monitoring and analytics software combines machine learning and human intelligence for real-time performance and capacity analysis and historical tracking for a single view of Dell EMC infastructure. Dell Technologies will integrate CloudIQ across the full Dell Technologies infrastructure portfolio for even greater insights. PowerStore transforms data center operations and allows organizations to evolve their infrastructure in lockstep with everchanging business needs:
• Container-Based Architecture: PowerStoreOS, the system’s container-based software architecture, enables feature portability, standardization and rapid time-to-market for new capabilities.
• Introducing AppsON: The only purpose-built storage array that includes a built-in VMware ESXi Hypervisor, administrators can deploy apps directly on the array for greater flexibility. An industry-first, AppsON is ideal for data-intensive workloads in core or edge locations and infrastructure applications.
• Ease of Migration: New native tools within the PowerStore Manager wizard allow customers to automate entire migrations in fewer than ten clicks. Customers can take advantage of a number of non-disruptive options to migrate from existing storage like Unity, SC, PS Series and VNX.
Dell EMC Future-Proof Program Adds Anytime Upgrades
PowerStore is covered by the Dell EMC Future-Proof Program, which provides greater choice, predictability and investment protection through new Anytime Upgrades, the industry’s most flexible controller upgrade program. Unlike other controller upgrade programs, customers can expand or enhance their PowerStore
performance and capacity after 180 days. The combination of Anytime Upgrades and Dell EMC
PowerStore’s adaptable architecture effectively ends disruptive platform migrations. Internal Use - Confidential
Cloud Flexibility with PowerStore
Customers can deploy PowerStore in the way that best meets their cloud strategy and business needs:
• Dell Technologies Cloud Validated Designs for PowerStore for deployment flexibility of demanding workloads in hybrid cloud environments.
• PowerStore can be deployed as a storage option within Dell EMC PowerOne autonomous infrastructure, which accelerates an organization’s shift to cloud-like operations.
• Dell EMC PowerStore is now generally available globally.
• Dell EMC PowerStore will be available as an option for PowerOne autonomous infrastructure this summer.
Steven Kuovo, technology architect, Core Technology Service Group, Boston Scientific
“Dell EMC PowerStore’s unique architecture and intelligent automation helps us ensure our resources are being used as efficiently as possible while also making sure we’re prepared to scale compute and storage as we need it. We’re excited at the potential that Dell EMC PowerStore has to transform our IT infrastructure.”
Heather Hitchcock, chief commercialization officer, MIC
“At Medical Informatics Corp. (MIC), scale and flexibility are critical to the success of our clinical surveillance and analytics solutions. Dell EMC PowerStore’s innovative AppsON capability gives us compute and enterprise-class storage in one system, simplifying our infrastructure while reducing our overall storage footprint. It’s a critical feature as we’re helping hospitals rapidly expand bed capacity and creating flexible, scalable remote monitoring of data across connected devices. Now our healthcare providers have the data they need to intervene faster and provide quality care from any location.”
Eric Burgener, research vice president, Infrastructure Systems, Platforms and Technologies Group, IDC
“As organizations modernize their IT infrastructure, they must embrace technology that streamlines operations, eliminates complexity and can scale in the face of exponential data growth. By developing Dell EMC PowerStore through an infrastructure-centric lens, the company has created a platform that can tackle today’s IT challenges while being flexible and scalable enough to meet future IT needs.”
DeMond Sullivan, chief technology officer, Cumberland Group
“Dell EMC PowerStore’s unprecedented design, automation and flexibility are gamechangers for external and midrange storage architectures.This new platform represents a massive opportunity for us in a key segment of storage and we look forward to our customers seeing it firsthand.” Internal Use - Confidential
• For information on Dell EMC PowerStore, visit www.delltechnologies.com/powerstore
• Blog: Inside Dell EMC PowerStore: AppsON Delivers Groundbreaking Application Flexibility and Mobility
• Blog: The Business Value of Dell Technologies On Demand for Storage
• Blog: Dell EMC CloudIQ: Enabling Faster Time to Insight
• Blog: Future Proof Your Dell EMC PowerStore Investment with Anytime Upgrades
• Connect with Dell via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn
About Dell Technologies
Dell Technologies (NYSE:DELL) is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live, and play. The company provides customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio spanning from edge to core to cloud.